All Services Restart at Supreme Court After Two-Month Break, Public Activity Rises

Supreme Court resumes all services two months after arson, boosting public access and court operations

Nov 17, 2025 - 16:08
All Services Restart at Supreme Court After Two-Month Break, Public Activity Rises

All types of services at the Supreme Court have resumed two months after an arson attack severely disrupted operations, restoring normalcy for staff and the public alike. Following the incident, the court had been functioning in a limited capacity, handling only case and writ registrations, while other essential services—including document verification and authentication—remained suspended.

The decision to resume all services and hearings was made during the Supreme Court’s full bench meeting on 20th Kartik. From today, the court has also restarted the receipt, verification, and authentication of documents that were destroyed in the fire, a move hailed by legal professionals and service seekers as a major step toward restoring judicial operations.

Deputy Registrar Nirajan Pandey said employees arrived at the court as early as 7 a.m. on Monday to manage the resumption of services. “We expected a large number of service seekers today, so staff were called in earlier to ensure smooth operations,” he explained. “All our colleagues are working on-site within the court premises, and we have arranged volunteers to guide and assist service seekers who might face difficulties or confusion.”

The Supreme Court administration has also implemented several measures to improve service delivery and manage the increasing footfall efficiently. Employees have been reorganized, and new workflows introduced to ensure that all operations run smoothly amid the ongoing restoration process.

The resumption of full services has led to a noticeable increase in public activity at the court, as lawyers, petitioners, and other service seekers return to access the long-suspended facilities. Legal experts say that this step will help reduce the backlog of cases and documents caused by the two-month disruption, ultimately contributing to a more effective judicial process.

Pandey added that the court remains committed to adapting to changing circumstances and enhancing operational efficiency. “We are continuously making efforts to improve services and ensure that the public can access the court’s facilities without any inconvenience,” he said.

With full services now operational, the Supreme Court aims to gradually restore normal functioning across all departments, providing timely judicial services to the public and reinforcing confidence in the country’s legal system.

What's Your Reaction?

Like Like 0
Dislike Dislike 0
Love Love 0
Funny Funny 0
Angry Angry 0
Sad Sad 0
Wow Wow 0